Check it out, y’all! We’ve partnered up with Women.Design.Build to create our first-ever workshop for women only. Over two weekends in October, we will explore design principles, construction methods, welding techniques and much more as participants design and construct a “micro chapel” and reflection area at the Mobile Loaves and Fishes’ Community First! Village. This master-planned community in East Austin, when completed, will provide affordable, sustainable housing and a supportive community for the disabled, chronically homeless in Central Texas. In the name of building community, our workshop participants will learn and work alongside a Community First! female resident, who will earn a wage for her time spent on the project.
What you get:
* 24 hours of instruction over two weekends
* Transferable skills, including intro to land surveying, drafting, model building, budgeting, designing, power tools, and much more
* A reference guide that includes expert contacts, project budget templates, inspirational resources, pages for drafting and keyword glossary
* Design Build Adventure swag
* Orientation brunch at the Community First! Village
* Campfire happy hour at Design Build Adventure studio
* Catered lunches during build days
Oct. 18, 11 am – 2 pm Orientation brunch and site surveying
Oct. 19, 1 pm – 5 pm Intro to tools, model making and design
Oct. 25, 10 am – 5 pm Build on site
Oct. 26, 10 am – 5 pm Build on site
Visit our Long Time Provisions store to reserve your seat now! Class size is limited to 15 participants.