HEAVY METAL CAMP
Camp Heavy Metal is a 2.5-day workshop in which participants explore a range of design-build activities, including model building; surveying and sketching; working with power tools; and basic metal cutting, bending and welding techniques. Over the course of the workshop, participants work collaboratively or independently to build something unique from steel and scrap materials. Select pieces created during Camp Heavy Metal are placed in an auction that raises money for the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAAM).
Camp Heavy Metal is about engaging in the creative process while supporting a nonprofit that makes quality health care accessible to Austin’s creative community. People with all levels of design-build experience — and that includes having no experience — are welcome.
What you get:
– a design-build adventure starter kit
– 20 hours of design/build instruction & hands-on experience with tools & materials
– welcome happy hour on Friday
– breakfast, lunch and happy hour on Saturday & Sunday
– campfire music by Austin musicians
– celebratory Sunday dinner by local chef
April 19-21, 2019
Max enrollment: 12